Regional CSE Information
The West Midlands Metropolitan Region are committed to issuing regular snapshots of the nature and scale of child sexual exploitation (CSE) across the West Midlands, based on data from the seven Local Authorities within the West Midlands Police boundary, in conjunction with the police, working together as seven CSE Operational Groups meeting regularly to assess priorities and progress.
It must be noted that there are robust systems in place to accurately record and report on the numbers of “significant” and “serious” risk children as they currently receive a statutory response. Those young people identified as “at risk” may not require a statutory response and may be receiving appropriate alternative support services in accordance with their level of need. Work is on-going to develop recording and reporting capability for this cohort therefore whilst the numbers give an important and relevant insight into the impact of awareness raising activity and scale; direct comparisons between Local Authorities are unlikely to be accurate.
- Q2 2017 -18 Assessment: July – September 2017
- Q2 2017 – 18 Breakdown of CSE data
- Q1 2017-18 Assessment: April – June 2017
- Q1 2017-18 Breakdown of CSE data
- Q4 2016-17 Assessment: January – March 2017
- Q4 2016-17 Breakdown of CSE data
- Q3 2016-17 Assessment: October – December 2016
- Q3 2016-17 Breakdown of CSE data
- Q2 2016-17 Assessment: July – September 2016
- Q2 2016-17 Breakdown of CSE data